Therapeutic Aromatherapy Massage
Therapeutic Aromatherapy Massage is the use of pure essential oils and vegetable carrier oils, massaged into the body, to help with various ailments.
Special Interest :
- Muscle pain
- Poor circulation
- Congested sinuses
- Problems sleeping
Only pure essential oils and vegetable carrier oils are used which are purchased from reputable suppliers. Essential oils have various properties per oil and the Therapeutic Aromatherapist works out which oils to use by what the patient has told them during the first visit consultation/case history.
Balance of oils
After the massage Liesl’s patients are handed the balance of the oil mixed, for their massage, which are taken home for use in the bath or just rubbed onto the skin. This oil is only to be used by the patient and not anyone else as the oils have been mixed especially for this patient according to their case history.
The pressure of the massage depends on the patient and also their ailments.
Therapeutic Aromatherapy Massage is not a luxury but a necessity
With the stresses and strains of life regular massage helps to relax the body and mind, help with various ailments and generally make one feel alive
First visit consultation
A consultation / case history has to be done during the first visit to ensure that the oils that are used during the massage will help and not harm the patient. Also during the consultation the Therapeutic Aromatherapist can establish what part of the body needs to be massage and how often the patient is to visit the clinic for maximum benefit.
Liesl is a Therapeutic Aromatherapy Practitioner (2002) registered with the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA) and a member of Aroma SA
The Healing Power of Touch
- The ways we show affection can also keep us healthy whether it be a back rub or a friendly embrace
- Even though a massage is relaxing and enjoyable its also good for you.
- Massage has shown to relieve anxiety, pain, speed recovery and ease depression
- Researchers advise that touch has the ability to slow heart rate, lower blood pressure and increase serotonin levels which is the happiness chemical in the brain.
- Therapeutic Massage can help to increase the healing process.
- Giving may be as good as receiving.
Visiting the Clinic
- Please do not wear your best clothes as vegetable oil can stain.
- It is suggested that you don’t bath or shower for at least 6 hours after your massage.
- Please bring a jersey or jacket with you as you may feel cold after the massage due to the toxins moving through your body – one of the elimination symptoms.6 – 8 glasses of water to be drunk daily to flush toxins from the body
- During the massage you will keep your underwear on and your body will be covered by towels and only the part that is being massaged will be uncovered.
- After the massage you could have one or more of the following elimination symptoms – : feeling tired, hungry, thirsty, cold, tingling sensation, have more bowel movements which may be darker or stronger smelling, frequent urination which may also be darker or stronger smelling, skin break outs, etc. Depending on the extent of the toxins in your body and also how much water you drink will depend on the severity of these elimination symptoms. Most people leave the clinic feeling tired and may have 1 or more of these symptoms.
- All information spoken and written during the treatment and consultation time are confidential.
- After the massage it is suggested that you rest for an hour or two. I know that it is not always possible to do this but it is advisable, if possible to try and make your appointment so that you can rest afterwards. Not necessary to sleep but relax.
- CANCELLED APPOINTMENTS are to be advised minimum 6 hours in advance, as last minute cancellations or failed appointments will be charged for.